What Is Critical Thinking
1- Find three sources that discuss critical thinking. Two of these sources may be from the assigned and/or optional readings, but the third must be found through your own research. After you have read the three sources, consider how they define critical thinking.
2- Write your own definition of what you think critical thinking is (250 words).
3- You must include one direct quote, selected from one of your resources. (Note: the quoted material may only make up to 20% of your entire paper, which in this case is 50 words. The remaining 80% of the paper must be your own creative work.)
4- A Reference list that documents the three sources you found (and any other resources you used) is required.
5- Keep the following guidelines in mind:
The articles you found in your research may inform your definition, but your own ideas should be evident. In other words, your process should be:
1- Read some definitions and descriptions of critical thinking.
2- Comprehend or digest the information.
3- Write your own definition of critical thinking. (Note: Do not simply reword the definitions you read. Consider a new way to explain what you understand critical thinking to be.)
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment’s drop box. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.