Organizational Analysis and Design
Final Project Milestone Two: Submit Organizational Analysis and Design Plan
The final project for this course is the creation of an organizational analysis and design plan for an organizational concern or behavioral challenge that is critical to you or your organization. Assume that you are the person in charge—the one with the power to make the changes or making the presentation to the executive board. This is the core purpose of this entire course. Place the amount of effort you feel necessary that can truly make an impact in your organization. Based on the knowledge obtained in this course and previous course work, you examine what are the new contexts you can create to inspire changes. Make sure to include topics discussed throughout this course.
Your final paper will have these main elements:
1. Background: company profile and history of the related issue
2. Identification of the ethical dilemma: highlight key points of the case including challenges and dilemmas
· Define the organizational context from a management perspective
· Define the organizational context from a leadership perspective.
· Analysis: discuss the problems and leader’s/company’s strategy
· Recommendation: offer alternative solutions via plan of action (include your role moving forward)
– Action plan with respective theories in ethics and leadership
Action that needs to be taken (make sure these are tangible actions, and not pure theory) and their ethical considerations. See if you can get your management to help with implementation.
Action Plan (also provide a timeline—there can be some long-term items; must have short term tasks within the next 30 days) including resources required.
Measurements (how will you establish return on investment, return on people, organizational health such as retention and absenteeism)
Repeat this as needed for each recommendation
· Reference page: Minimum of three scholarly resources from the library and from within the last ten years
· Appendix: Interview notes, if any
Milestone One: Problem Definition In 1-2 Final Project, you will submit a concise but specific description of a behavioral challenge in your organization. This submission is for instructor feedback and not graded separately. It will affect your project grade under the Milestone Submission critical element.
Milestone Two: Submit Organizational Analysis and Design Plan In 9-3 Final Project, you will submit your Organizational Analysis and Design Plan. It should be a complete, polished artifact containing all the main elements of the final product. It should reflect the incorporation of feedback gained throughout the course. Your paper should be 8–10 pages in length, not including cover page and references. All references must be in APA format. This milestone will be graded using the Rubric on the following page.