Health Resource and Policy Analysis
Respond in 75 words per question
1. Health Resource and Policy Analysis
• The Unit VII Lesson discussed ways to stay abreast of topics in healthcare policy and specifically stated that having a passion or a challenging question can build a life-long study and prevent boredom or burnout in the pursuit of knowledge. For this discussion, identify a topic about which you are passionate, and explain why this specific topic is important to health policy or the healthcare system. Try to pick something that could have a direct effect on your current or future work situation.
• Identify a skill or specific area of knowledge that you learned in this course, and explain how you can apply it to a real-world scenario. How will this course help to increase success in your career?
• Is the Federal Reserve considered to be independent in its development and implementation of monetary policy in the United States? Why?
• Discuss how the concepts in this course can be applied to real-world situations and increase your chances of career or life success.
• Click here to watch an introduction to CSU’s Success Center. This video features closed captioning. Please click “CC” on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen to view it. As shown in the video, the math specialists within the Math Center can provide you with step-by-step written and video examples or walk you through specific examples in real time. For this discussion board question, think about all of the resources and services that are available to you through the Math Center. Which type of assistance do you think would benefit you in this math course? Why? How likely are you to use the Success Center now?
• Certain concepts in the area of mathematics can be challenging to learn and apply. For this discussion board question, think about each step that you will need to complete in this unit, and think about your approach for learning the material. Explain your process, and discuss your strategy for learning the concepts in this course. Include the resources you utilize in your response.
4. Medical Terminology
• Is heart disease an inevitable part of growing older? Why, or why not?
• Thinking about the medical terms that have been discussed in this unit, how do you think having a knowledge of them might be helpful in your personal life?
5. Principles of Management
• How can a manager’s communication affect employees’ motivation? Give an example of a time when a manager’s communications increased or decreased organizational members’ motivation.
• Choose one of the types of leadership addressed in readings in this unit, and identify a leader you have worked for or with who personifies that type. What knowledge, skills, and abilities did this manager have that made him or her good at the role and fit the type?
6. Business Ethics
• Do you think that taking the (Harvard) MBA Oath positively affects the ability of employees to discharge their ethical duties? Is it useful? If so, in what ways? What would you add to the Oath? Is there anything that concerns you, and why?
• The U.S. Department of Labor (n.d.) describes affirmative action as shown below:
For federal contractors and subcontractors, affirmative action must be taken by covered employers to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. Affirmative actions include training programs, outreach efforts, and other positive steps. These procedures should be incorporated into the company’s written personnel policies. Employers with written affirmative action programs must implement them, keep them on file and update them annually. (para. 1)
Do you believe affirmative action is in and of itself discriminatory, that is to say, discriminates against qualified non-minorities in favor of minorities? Why, or why not?
• U.S. Department of Labor. (n.d.). Affirmative action. Retrieved from http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/hiring/affirmativeact.htm
7. Managerial Accounting
• Identify a company that uses both job costing and process costing. Discuss how and why your chosen company uses both within its field.
• Provide a type of business that participates in job costing. Discuss how that business allocates activities to the cost of a job. Offer suggestions on how you would improve their process.
8. Financial Management
• You overheard a group of people who were talking about interest rates at a restaurant yesterday. They mentioned that the United States was running a trade deficit. What effect would a trade deficit have on interest rates, if any? Explain.
• Discuss your own experience level with stocks and bonds. What do you think is your top strength and weakness in this area? How do you leverage that strength and work on the weakness in pursuit of financial success (busines