Five Thinking Errors Worksheet
1) Read Thinking Activity 2.5 on page 41 of the text.
2) Complete the table using the information from the text. An example has been provided for you in red.
3) You must use a total of four thinking errors (not including the example given).
4) GCU style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
5) This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment’s drop box. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Thinking Error/ Description
Example of Each Error From Personal Life
How did the thinking error affect your critical thinking?
How could you manage the emotions associated with this thinking error in the future?
Personalization: When a person thinks everything is about him or her.
My boss frowned and I wondered what I had done to upset her.
I allowed the emotion to manage my thoughts, rather than me questioning my initial emotional assumption.
Question and maybe even check my assumption about the cause.