The unit learning map gives you some examples of different fractures that can occur in bones. Use this or an outside source to research a type of fracture and follow the below instructions. Pick a fracture unique from your peers.
- Identify the fracture type you will be discussing and describe the fracture.
- Discuss the following ideas if they apply to your chosen fracture:
- What bone is it common in?
- Why it is named or classified as it is?
- Explain the mechanism of injury that it may result from.
- For example, is it more common to occur due to trauma, due to a deficiency of a nutrient, metabolic disease, or another mechanism?
- What is the common treatment of this type of fracture? Include any recommendations for nutritional support for bone health.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.