Social Science Essay
1. What is the title and author of your selected essay?
2. What is the topic of the essay?
3. What is the author’s argument on the topic?
4. What evidence does the author use to present their point of view?
5. Identify one writing strategy (rhetorical mode) the author uses to make their argument?
6. What is your position on the topic?
7. Do you agree or disagree with the author? Why?
8. What would you do differently if you were to present this argument? (Describe specific elements)
9. Describe reasons why someone might disagree with the author’s stance?
10. Consider the audience: Who would benefit from reading this?
11. Now compose your thesis statement (main idea) by following this formula: